Here at CFYDDI, we believe that an essential component to a child’s educational growth is support from the parents. To that end, the teachers at CFYDDI’s Early Childhood Learning Centre hosted their annual Parent-Teacher meeting on Friday, July 13th, 2018 after the conclusion of the first annual Sports Gala Day.
Madam Iren, Madam Grace, Madam Glibwa and Madam Oliva met with over 50 parents in the CFYDDI Conference Centre in order to keep parents informed about their child’s development at the school. The main purposes of the meeting include the following:
- To provide updates on the student’s individual academic progress
- To identify areas of improvement for each student academically and socially
- To encourage parents to take an active role in their child’s education
- To foster a closer relationship between the teachers and the students
- To update parents on specific school programs
- To promote appreciation of education and literacy for child development
- To update parents on information pertaining to the Ministry of Education
- To inform parents on specific approaches to education taken with particular students
The teachers and staff at CFYDDI want to thank all parents who came out to attend the Parent-Teacher Meeting. By supporting and encouraging the growth and learning of our young students we will help ensure they partake in and contribute to Uganda’s bright future!